M/W/DBE COMPLIANCE MONITORING
Ebanks Law Firm, PLLC in New York, NY is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certified by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by New York City's Department of Small Business Services.
The Ebanks Compliance Monitoring (CM) team is comprised of experienced professionals that bring over 96 combined years of relevant work experience in legal services, law enforcement, investigations, compliance, and auditing. The team has extensive experience performing Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (M/W/DBE) compliance monitoring on large-scale construction projects including Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and New Jersey Transit Superstorm Sandy rebuilding projects.
The Team's experience includes reviewing recipients of City, State, Federal funding for compliance with M/W/DBE Commercially Useful Function (CUF) requirements; and conducting detailed site visits and inspections. The team has also conducted confidential and sensitive investigations of fraud, waste, and abuse in construction activities; and assessments of certified payroll and prevailing wage rates.
The CM Team is well equipped to for compliance monitoring and reporting on contractor performance against stated M/W/DBE requirements. Based on our experience, the key areas to review related to achieving M/W/DBE program goals include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Falsification of certifications including firm ownership, ethnicity and gender, labor in financial reports
- Lack of Commercially Useful Function (CUF) provided by the M/W/DBE firms
- Contract changes excluding M/W/DBE firm participation
- Changes in M/W/DBE firm participation without owner/ agency approval
- DBE firm kickbacks to prime subcontractors or acceptance of pass-throughs
- Non-payment of invoices and retainage to M/W/DBE firms
Contact our team today to learn more about our compliance monitoring services in New York, NY